This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason. Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
Download the current course guide here
MODE OF STUDY
Classroom based plus online and distance study
Domestic Students: Up to 12 months study including 120 hours compulsory Work Placement
International Students: 12 months study including 120 hours (3 weeks equivalent) compulsory Work Placement as listed on the course timetable.
International students will be required to complete 20 hours per week; Which is carried out in 15 hours of face to face classes and 5 hours online or distance study per week.
Click here: Term 3 to download the current timetable for Certificate III in Individual Support.
This course is made up of 7 core units (C) and 6 elective units (E).
- CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support (C)
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being (C)
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services (C)
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people (C)
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically (C)
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems (C)
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care (C)
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia (E)
- CHCDIS003 Support community participation and social inclusion (E)
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures (E)
- CHCCCS017 Provide loss and grief support (E)
- HLTWHS006 Manage personal stressors in the work environment (E)
- CHCGRP001 Support group activities (E)
All students undertaking Certificate III in Individual Support are required to complete 120 hours of work placement in a recognised facility. You should be aware that you will not qualify for CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support unless this work placement is completed. Work Placement will be arranged by Astute Training Pty Ltd in conjunction with the student during the course of study.
CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
The Individual Support worker is responsible for the provision of a safe standard of care to people whilst remaining under the direct supervision and delegation of a support worker. Occupational titles may include:
- Accommodation support worker
- Field officer
- Assistant in nursing (AIN)
- Home care assistant
- Care assistant
- In-home respite worker
- Care service employees
- Nursing assistant
- Care worker
- Personal care assistant (PCA)
- Community care worker
- Personal care giver
- Community house worker
- Personal care worker
- Community support worker
- Residential care worker
- Disability service officer (in some jurisdictions)
- Support worker
Total Cost: $6000 for 12 months study.
Initial payment: $1500 Deposit + $200 (non-refundable) Enrollment fee + Overseas Health Cover Payment (varies dependent on individual requirements)
Cost calculated on study requirements. Please contact us for a free quote.