This qualification covers workers who provide a range of services and interventions to clients, and/or who implement community education and interventions. Work may take place in a range of contexts such as community based organisations, residential rehabilitation services and outreach services and workers may have supervisory responsibilities.
These workers are able to design and deliver programs that aim to enhance the well being of individuals and groups.
Download current course guide here
MODE OF STUDY
Classroom based plus online and distance study
Click here: Term 3 to download the current timetable for Certificate IV in Community Services.
This course is available on Monday and Tuesday labelled as Group 1 or Wednesday and Thursday labelled as Group 2. This timetable displays the schedule for Group 1 and 2.
Domestic Students: Up to 12 months study
International Students: 12 months study
International students will be required to complete 20 hours per week; Which is carried out in 15 hours of face to face classes and 5 hours online or distance study per week.
This course is made up of 7 core units (C) and 8 elective units (E).
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients (C)
- CHCCCS004 Assess co-existing needs (C)
- CHCCOM002 Use communication to build relationships (C)
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people (C)
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically (C)
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships (C)
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety (C)
- CHCCDE003 Work within a community development framework (E)
- HLTWHS006 Manage personal stressors in the work environment (E)
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety (E)
- CHCGRP002 Plan and conduct group activities (E)
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk (E)
- CHCYTH003 Support young people to create opportunities in their lives (E)
- CHCDIS008 Facilitate community participation and social inclusion (E)
- BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals (E)
Students undertaking Certificate IV in Community Services are not required to complete work placement.
CHC42015 Certificate IV in Community Services
Occupational titles may include:
- Case Worker
- Community Services Worker
- Community Support Worker
- Domestic Violence worker
- Early intervention homelessness worker
- Family Support Worker
- Health Education Officer
- Support Worker
- Outreach Officer
- Welfare Support Worker
- Welfare Worker
Total Cost: $7500 for 12 months study.
Initial payment: $1875 Deposit + $200 (non-refundable) Enrollment fee + Overseas Health Cover Payment (varies dependent on individual requirements)
Cost calculated on study requirements. Please contact us for a free quote.