This qualification covers workers who provide a range of services and interventions to clients, and/or who implement community education and interventions. Work may take place in a range of contexts such as community based organisations, residential rehabilitation services and outreach services and workers may have supervisory responsibilities.
- are able to design and deliver programs that aim to enhance the well being of individuals and groups.
Download current course guide here
Occupational titles may include:
|Case Worker||Community Services Worker|
|Community Support Worker||Domestic Violence worker|
|Early intervention homelessness worker||Family Support Worker|
|Health Education Officer||Outreach Officer|
|Support Worker||Welfare Support Worker|
Domestic Students: Up to 12 months study
International Students: 12 months study (20 hours per week)
All students will be required to complete approximately 10 hours of self study per week.
This course is made up of 7 core units (C) and 8 elective units (E).
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients (C)
- CHCCCS004 Assess co-existing needs (C)
- CHCCOM002 Use communication to build relationships (C)
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people (C)
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically (C)
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships (C)
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety (C)
- CHCCDE003 Work within a community development framework (E)
- HLTWHS006 Manage personal stressors in the work environment (E)
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety (E)
- CHCGRP002 Plan and conduct group activities (E)
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk (E)
- CHCYTH003 Support young people to create opportunities in their lives (E)
- CHCDIS008 Facilitate community participation and social inclusion (E)
- BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals (E)
Students undertaking Certificate IV in Community Services are not required to complete work placement.
CHC42015 Certificate IV in Community Services
Total Cost: $7500 for 12 months study.
Initial payment: $1875 Deposit + $200 (non-refundable) Enrollment fee + Overseas Health Cover Payment (varies dependent on individual requirements)
Cost calculated on study requirements. Please contact us for a free quote.