This qualification reflects the role of support workers who complete specialised tasks and functions in aged services; either in residential, home or community based environments. Workers will take responsibility for their own outputs within defined organisation guidelines and maintain quality service delivery through the development, facilitation and review of individualised service planning and delivery.
Workers may be required to demonstrate leadership and have limited responsibility for the organisation and the quantity and quality of outputs of others within limited parameters.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
Download the current course guide here
MODE OF STUDY
Classroom based plus online and distance study
Domestic Students: Up to 15 months study including 120 hours compulsory Work Placement
International Students: 15 months study including 120 hours (3 weeks equivalent) compulsory Work Placement as listed on the course timetable.
International students will be required to complete 20 hours per week; Which is carried out in 15 hours of face to face classes and 5 hours online or distance study per week.
Click here: Term 3 to download the current timetable for Certificate IV in Ageing Support.
This course is available on Monday and Tuesday labelled as Group 1 or Wednesday and Thursday labelled as Group 2. This timetable displays the schedule for Group 1 and 2.
This course is made up of 15 core units (C) and 3 elective units (E).
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients (C)
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people (C)
- CHCAGE003 Coordinate services for older people (C)
- CHCAGE004 Implement interventions with older people at risk (C)
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia (C)
- CHCCCS006 Facilitate individual service planning and delivery (C)
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs (C)
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being (C)
- CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families (C)
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people (C)
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance (C)
- CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach (C)
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships (C)
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems (C)
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care (C)
- CHCCOM002 Use communication to build relationships (E)
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety (E)
- CHCCCS007 Develop and implement service programs (E)
All students undertaking Certificate IV in Ageing Support are required to complete 120 hours of work placement in a recognised facility. You should be aware that you will not qualify for CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support unless this work placement is completed. Work Placement will be arranged by Astute Training Pty Ltd in conjunction with the student during the course of study.
CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
Total Cost: $8500 for 12 months study.
Initial payment: $1700 Deposit + $200 (non-refundable) Enrollment fee + Overseas Student Health Cover Payment (varies dependent on individual requirements)
Cost calculated on study requirements. Please contact us for a free quote.