This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of community settings and clients’ homes, who provide training and support in a manner that empowers people with disabilities to achieve greater levels of independence, self-reliance, community participation and wellbeing. Workers promote a person-centred approach, work without direct supervision and may be required to supervise and/or coordinate a small team.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
Download current course guide here
Occupational titles may include:
|Behavioural support officer||Development officer|
|Disability officer – day support||Disability support officer / worker|
|Employment coordinator (disability)||Job coordinator|
|Lifestyle support officer||Local area coordinator|
|Marketing coordinator||Project officer (life enhancement team)|
|Residential care officer||Senior personal care assistant|
Domestic Students: Up to 12 months study including 120 hours compulsory Work Placement
International Students: 12 months study including 120 hours compulsory Work Placement
All students will be required to complete approximately 10 hours of self study per week.
Download current timetables here:
This course is made up of 11 core units (C) and 3 elective units (E).
- CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support (C)
- CHCDIS002 Follow established person-centred behaviour supports (C)
- CHCDIS005 Develop and provide person-centred service responses (C)
- CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability (C)
- CHCDIS008 Facilitate community participation and social inclusion (C)
- CHCDIS009 Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person centered approach (C)
- CHCDIS010 provide person-centered services to people with disability with complex needs (C)
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people (C)
- CHCLEG003 Work legally and ethically (C)
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems (C)
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care (C)
- CHCEDU003 Provide sexual and reproductive health information to clients (E)
- CHCCCS004 Assess co-existing needs (E)
- CHCDIS001 Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strength based approach (E)
Students undertaking Certificate IV in Disability are required to complete 120 hours of work placement.
CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability
Total Cost: $7500 for 12 months study.
Initial payment: $1875 Deposit + $200 (non-refundable) Enrolment fee + Overseas Health Cover Payment (varies dependent on individual requirements)
Cost calculated on study requirements. Please contact us for a free quote.