Approved leave is for term break unless the circumstances are compassionate or compelling (please read below for what defines these circumstances)
The steps to apply for approved leave are as follows:
- You must complete the approved leave application form Download
- Make an appointment to see our student advisor Cindy
- Forward your flight itinerary once approved (important: do not book flights until your leave is approved)
If you require urgent leave under compassionate or compelling circumstances contact Cindy; Student Advisor
Ph: 04 4732 5088
Please advise reception if its urgent.
Compassionate or Compelling Circumstances
Compassionate or compelling circumstances are generally those beyond the control of the student and they have an impact on the student’s capability and/or ability to progress through a course. These could include
- Serious illness or injury, where a medical certificate states that the student was unable to attend class
- Bereavement of close family members such as parents siblings, or grandparents
- Major political upheaval or natural disaster in the home country requiring their emergency travel and this has impacted their studies
- A traumatic experience which could include but is not limited to: Involvement in or witnessing a serious incident, A serious crime was committed against the student, The student has been witness to a serious crime.
These cases may be supported by police, qualified counsellor or psychologists’ reports and copies of these documents should be kept in the students file. The CEO may consult the student’s trainer or the Student Support when considering compassionate or compelling circumstances.